Sunday, July 8, 2012

APARTMENT ENTERTAINING

APARTMENT ENTERTAINING

& THE BALCONY






I didn't realize how difficult is was to stay committed to my food blog when life gets in the way.  I promise to be better at posting my recipes, menus and parties. I have a lot of good stuff over the last couple of months so I will be catching you up.   

This post is a summary on Apartment Entertaining and how the challenges are pretty much the same as having a party in a house minus the space.  The key is organization and the fastest way to get started once you have decided to have a party are six easy steps.

1.) THE PARTY & ITS THEME
2.) THE DATE, TIME & LOCATION
3.) THE GUEST LIST
4.) THE MENU
5.) THE ENTERTAINMENT
6.) THE CLEANING & ORGANIZATION OF YOUR SPACE

Once the time, date & location has been decided, start calling, texting or emailing your friends for a head count.  At this point the party is on the calendar and the menu must be created.  The menu is your floor plan. It determines everything.  Once you have it, type it up, make several copies: one for your grocery list, one to be taped up on your kitchen wall, and one to be used to decide the serving pieces.

This year the Macy 4th of July Fireworks display is being held on the Hudson River side of NYC.  This makes it very convenient for those who live on the waterfront of New Jersey.  Our apartment is in West New York, statistically located directly across from midtown Manhattan.  We are fortunate to have a balcony facing the firework barges full frontal and up close and personal.  With all of this working in my favor a party must be had.  So there is it.  My next posts will be a series of recipes and table presentation ideas for My 4th of July Balcony Party. 

   



 
     
 .    

No comments: